Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Pleasant Surprise


Many years ago while pondering the writing of Franklin’s Spy, I decided that the character, Michael O'Brien, needed a ‘back story’ and I came up with No Place Like Loam.

In 2002 I had it published with iUniverse, and as I was in the process of moving back to Ireland from The U.S. and was busy settling back into life in Ireland, I never ended up doing anything to market the book, and quite frankly, forgot about it.

Recently, while perusing Amazon for updates on Franklin’s Spy, I was most surprised to see that No Place Like Loam was available for sale on their site and also it had been put into Kindle format. I had no idea how this came about. A call to iUniverse revealed that in 2009 they had converted the book free of charge and that they had tried notifying me, but all of my contact details were long out of date; my email address was an old one that belonged to my brother-in-law, my mailing address was that of a dear friend who has been deceased for eight years, and who knows what telephone number was on file. So all off these years later, I am happily surprised that No Place Like Loam has been selling, not quite off of the shelves, but selling still, and I'm actually due royalties!

No comments:

Post a Comment